Quick Salsa Chicken and Rice
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups instant white or brown rice
- 1 (16-oz) jar Ortega ® Salsa Prima Homestyle Mild
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 Maggi® Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 2 chopped green onions (green parts only)
Heat oil in stockpot. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
Add rice, salsa, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions.