- 1 1/3 cups frozen unsweetened tart cherries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh or canned jalapeno peppers, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Coarsely chop frozen tart cherries. Let cherries thaw and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cherry juice. When cherries are thawed, put drained cherries, dried cherries, onion, jalapenos, garlic and cilantro in a medium saucepan; mix well.
In a small container, combine reserved cherry juice and cornstarch; mix until smooth, then stir into cherry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until mixture is thickened. Let cool. Serve with tortilla chips and/or cooked chicken or pork.