Good for the BElly
- 2 pounds lean stew meat cubes
- 14.5 oz can low sodium tomatoes liquid included
- 10 oz low sodium beef broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (use extra beef broth instead)
- 2 cups peeled potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 small onions or to your taste
- 4 medium carrots to equal a cup
- 1 cup fresh beans or used frozen
- 2 TBSP flour, mixed into an equal amount of broth from cooked vegetables and meat to make a gravy
Preheat over to 325. Preheat heavy pan and brown stew meat on all sides. Transfer meat to dutch over along with tomatoes, broth and wine. Season with garlic powder, pepper and marjoram and bring to a boil stirring frequently. ADdd potatoes, celery, carrots and onions. Mix well, cover and and bake in preheated over for 1 hour.
After one hour, add green beans, replace cover and continue to bake one additional hour or until meat is tender.
Remove from oven. mix the flour with broth until a consistency to be added back into the stew mixture to form a gravy look.
Approximate nutritional analysis per service:
439 calories (43 grams of protein, 25 grams of carbohydrates, 18 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber.