- 1 T oil
- 1 1/2 cups quartered button mushrooms (4 oz)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (8 oz) trimmed, cubed and seasoned with 1/4 t. salt
- 4 t. all purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, thinly sliced on the bias (2 oz)
- 1 t. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 t. black pepper
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until beginning to brown, 3 minutes. Toss chicken with 3 t. flour, add to mushrooms in skillet, and saute 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and saute 1 minute.
Deglaze pan with sherry, scraping up any brown bits; add broth. Whisk together remaining 1 t. flour and milk; stir into skillet.
Add green beans and thyme; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring often, 5 minutes. Season hash with pepper. Serve hash over waffles.