- 2 heads of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your broccoli heads into bite-sized florets. Toss florets into a colander and rinse thoroughly. Shake broccoli to dry.
3. Toss broccoli in a large bowl along with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well, then spread coated broccoli (with al the garlicky goodness) onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake the broccoli for about 7 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn florets over. Bake for an additional 8 minutes or so, until broccoli is easy to piece and edges look nicely browned.
5. Remove try from oven, then squeeze lemon juice evenly over the broccoli. Finish by sprinkling with red pepper flakes to taste.
6. Broccoli is ready to serve! I put mine in a pretty bowl with a lemon wheel garnish to give it a nice touch on the dinner table.