Chicken Tamale Casserole
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- 1 can Cream Style corn
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, deboned, shredded
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- Diced green onions for garnish, if desired.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a 13x9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine: Jiffy mix, milk, egg, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, green chilies, corn and cumin. Pour into casserole dish a spread evenly in the bottom.
Bake the cornbread mix for about 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and poke holes all over the top using a fork. Pour enchilada sauce over cornbread and spread evenly.
Top the cornbread with the shredded chicken, then the rest of the cheese.
Return to oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, Garnish with green onions if desired. Cut into squares to serve.