Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus more for preparing the muffin tin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus up to 1 tablespoon for topping the muffins, if desired
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan, and bring just to a simmer over medium heat. Remove berries
from the heat, and set aside to cool and plump. Drain off any excess liquid and set aside.
Lightly brush a 12-muffin tin with butter. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric hand-held mixer in a large bowl, cream the butter,
orange zest, and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber
spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
Fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined. Fold in the
cranberries. Do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake until golden
brown, about 25 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan on a rack. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Vegetable: Sautéed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- (Crockpot) Baked Potato Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Apple Pie (Older Betty Crocker... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raspberry... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars-PW Cooks 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken: Paula Deen's Orange... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Lemon and Garlic Roasted 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Orange Cream Cheese Bread 4.3/5 (3 Votes)