- 1 medium size head (around 450 gr)
- 1/3 cup AP Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tbs Cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 tbs Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped (2 tbs)
- Fresh Black Pepper
1. Break down the cauliflower florets and cook it either by steaming or simmering in water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the water and while it’s still warm, chop the cauliflower in tiny pieces (or use a food processor)
3. Mix the cauliflower with the spices, garlic and cilantro.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add to cauliflower mixture along with corn meal, flour and nutritional yeast.
5. Heat up a pan with 2 tbs of oil (I used coconut oil) and fry 3-4 (depending on the size of your pan).
6. Cook until golden grown on each side for a few minutes.
– The fritters can be made up to one day ahead and then reheat them in the oven at 375F for a few minutes. (Topped with Provolone cheese gives it a different touch).
– You can skip the nutritional yeast, but you might want to add other spices since the yeast adds a cheesy flavor to the fritters.
– After frying the first batch, try one to check on seasoning, I eat a bit low in salt so you might want to adjust.