New York Cheecake
Oven at 350
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 packages (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
1. In small bowl toss together graham crumbs, margarine or butter and 2 tbsp. sugar. Reserve 2 tbsp. of crumb mixture for garnish. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and 2 1/4-inches up sides of 9-inch spring form pan. Chill in freezer while preparing filling.
2. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 1/3 cups sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream.
3. Pour into crust. Bake at 350 F about 1 1/4 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides of pan. Continue cooling on wire rack for 45 minutes or more.
4. Sprinkle top with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.