Slo Cooker Hungarian Goulash
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast or stew meat, cubed
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t dry mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1.Combine beef, onions, potatoes and garlic in slow cooker.
2.In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, brown sugar and dry mustard and set aside.
3.Pour beef broth in a large bowl and stir in dry spices and tomato paste. Once dissolved, pour mixture into slow cooker and stir everything together.
4.Season generously with salt and pepper, then cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Note: you could also cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
5.During the last 30 minutes, whisk flour into glass of water and stir into goulash.
6.Cover and cook on HIGH for another 30 minutes, then serve hot.