Raspberry Bars with Almond Crust GF
- 2 1/2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon and one teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (four sticks) cold butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups raspberry jam
1. Sauté ½ cup of the almonds in a pan until golden brown and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, remaining almonds, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl combine the butter and brown sugar. Add the almond extract and eggs and blend.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and mix until well blended. Press the mixture into eight 8″ tart pans, onto the bottom and up the sides, leaving enough room for filling.
5. Bake the tarts at 360 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove them from oven and when cool, fill the shells with raspberry jam and top with the reserved toasted almonds. Bake the tarts for an additional 25 to 35 minutes, until the crusts are a rich, golden color.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut each tart into pieces and serve.