Apple And Raisin Slaw
- 5 cups coarsely chopped red cabbage (abt 1/2 med head)
- 5 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage (abt 1/2 med head)
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots (abt 2 medium)
- 1 large tart green apple, such as Granny Smith cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds toasted
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill (or 3 tbspns dried dillweed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine cabbages, carrots, apple, raisins and sunflower seeds in very large bowl.
Whisk yogurt, dill, vegetable oil and vinegar in medium bowl to blend. Add dressing to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
This recipe yields 12 servings.