Add more sugar if you want a sweeter cookie.
- 1-1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups sifted cake flour
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts ground finely
- powdered sugar
1. Cream butter, vanilla, water, salt, and sugar.
2. Beat in flour.
3. Beat in chocolate chips at low speed until distributed throughout batter.
4. Form batter into 1-inch balls.
5. Roll cookies into ground nuts.
6. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
7. Remove from oven and immediately roll the cookies into powdered sugar.
8. Place on racks to cool.
Do not overcook. Remove from oven before they get brown. Cookies will expand a little while cooking.