Mini Orange-Currant Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter - (1 stick) cut small pieces
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- Granulated or turbinado sugar for sprinkling
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini scone pan.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl, add the currants and stir to mix. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream and orange zest until blended and add to the flour mixture. Using a fork, stir to form large, moist clumps of dough.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press together with your hands until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough, flouring as needed, into a 9-inch square about 3/4 inch thick. Cut into 4 equal-size squares, then cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles. Press each triangle into a well of the prepared pan. Sprinkle each scone lightly with sugar. Bake until the scones are golden, about 25 minutes.
Invert the pan onto a wire rack and lift off the pan. Let the scones cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 16 mini scones.
You'll also love
- Mascarpone And Goat Cheese Torta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jalapeño-Cornmeal Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Huevos Rancheros With Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Raisin French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bread Salad With Tomatoes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Coated Orange Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)