Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or use boneless thighs if you prefer dark chicken meat. I like a mix of both, for 3-4 lbs total of meat)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (read your labels! And look out for sugars or additives)
- 2 tablespoons Whole30 compliant dijon mustard
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea Salt + pepper
Adapted from instagram.com
1. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot
2. Season with salt and pepper generously and drizzle with olive oil
3. In a glass bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar and mustard, then add in garlic cloves and stir.
4. Pour mixture over chicken breasts
5. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 7-8 hours until chicken is well cooked and shreds easily. I also like to open the crock pot, pull the pieces apart/shred it around hour 5 or 6 and allow it to continue cooking so the marinade and juices sink in to all of the shredded surfaces.