Shrimp Scampi w/roasted peppers and spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 8 oz linguine
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 12 oz peeled/deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 5 oz. baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups)
1. Cook and drain pasta
2. Preheat large saute pan on med. 1-2 min. Place oil and garlic in pan, cook 3-4 min. or until the garlic edges begin to turn golden.
3. Add pepper, shrimp, pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; cook and stir 1 min.
4. Add broth; cook 2-3 min. or until reduced by about one-half and shrimp have just turned pink and opaque.
5. Reduce heat to low; stir in butter, spinach, cheese, pasta, and remaining salt and pepper. Toss until butter and cheese melts and spinach wilts. Serve