- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries see * Note
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 Granny Smith apples cored, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 1/3 cups very thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/3 cups red seedless grapes halved
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Sweet And Spicy Candied Pecans (see recipe)
* Note: Sold at specialty foods stores, natural foods stores and some supermarkets.
Soak cherries in 1 cup boiling water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Whisk mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add apples, celery, grapes and cherries; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange lettuce on platter. Spoon salad over. Top salad with Sweet And Spicy Candied Pecans.
This recipe yields 6 servings.