Acorn Squash, baked with Brown Sugar & Butter
This simple and delicious autumn side dish only needs a few minutes of prep work, freeing up your time for the main dish.
- 1 acorn squash, cut in 1/2
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Scoop the seeds and stringy pulp out of the squash cavities and discard.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt and pepper, to taste. Rub the squash cavities and cut sides of the squash with the butter mixture and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve 1 half per person.
You'll also love
- Black Rice Noodles With Ginger &... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pork Roast with Pineapple 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Bread... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- VIDALIA ONION PIE 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Spring Pea Salad with Creamy Curry... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cornbread Chili Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)