Raspberry Red Velvet Trifle
An elegant delicious dessert, yet very easy to create.
- 1 Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Pints Fresh Raspberries
- 1 White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix (4 serving size)
- 1 Premium White Chocolate Bar
- 1 Cup Cool Whip
- 1 (12 oz.) Can Raspberry Pastry Filling
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Make Cake according to package directions for a 13 x 9 pan. Allow the Cake to cool completely.
2. Make the White Chocolate Pudding according to package directions then fold in 1 Cup Cool Whip.
3. Slice the Cake into 1 and 1/2 inch squares. You will not use all the Cake. You can freeze the leftovers or save to use as a snack cake in the kids lunches.
4. Time to start building the layers. The first layer is the Cake. Place Cake pieces in the bottom of the Trifle bowl
5. Now take 1/3 of the Raspberry Pastry Filling and spread it over the first Cake layer.
6. Take 1/3 of the White Chocolate Pudding mixture and spread it evenly over the Raspberry Pastry Filling. Make sure to take it all the way to the edge. We want the Pudding to flow down the sides a bit which will happen after we refrigerate the Trifle.
7. Time to add another Cake layer followed by the Pastry Filling and the Pudding. Continue so that we have 3 layers
8. You can already see how beautiful this Dessert is going to be. At this point we are going to cover the Trifle tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. The Raspberries will be added about an hour prior to serving the Trifle.
9. After 4-6 hours remove the Trifle from the refrigerator. Use a vegetable peeler to create White Chocolate shavings from the White Chocolate bar. We are only going to use about 1/3 of the bar in total. You can save the remaining for another use.
10. Sprinkle about 1/3 of a cup over the top layer in our Trifle.
11. Next place the Raspberries on top. Keep them in uniform rows to create an elegant looking top as you see here.
12. Now sprinkle a bit more of the White Chocolate over the top of the Berries.
And there you have it, a beautiful elegant Raspberry Red Velvet Trifle
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker
You'll also love
- Horseradish-Bacon Twice-Baked... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Italian-Style Beef Sandwiches 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cucumber Lime Dip 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fudge caramel banana pastry cream... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Becky's Blueberry Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Clafouti with Saigon... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange Raspberry Vinaigrette 4.4/5 (12 Votes)