Apple Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops - thick cut pork chops stuffed with a delicious stuffing made with apples, bacon and blue cheese.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 apple, peeled cored and sliced small
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from jocooks.com
1.Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2.Cut a pocket in each pork chop, bone in pork chops can be used as well. Season each pork chop with salt, pepper and rub them with the rosemary. Set aside.
3.Cook the bacon in a large oven proof skillet. Reserve 1 tbsp of the bacon in the skillet, and another tbsp for later, discard the rest.
4.Fry the shallot and apple together, for about 3 minutes until apple softens. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Turn off heat and add blue cheese to skillet and stir.
5.Spoon about half cup of the stuffing into each pork chop.
6.Add remaining bacon fat to skillet and add heat. Place pork chops in skillet and cook on each side until they start to brown, about 5 minutes per side.
7.Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Scallops Newburg 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dry Brined Turkey 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Tomato Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Stew Portugese 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beet Poke with Avocado-Wasabi Mash 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Poke Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)