Shrimp Diablo for Two
This is the perfect meal to cook for your boo thing on Valentine's day. It's easy to bring together and the sauce is to die for.
- 8 to 10 large shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 1 ⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 ⁄2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced, with seeds
- 2 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ⁄4 pound linguine, cooked
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from food.com
In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Sauté onion and jalapeño about 3 minutes.
Add garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, lemon juice and white wine and reduce until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
Divide cooked linguine into two bowls and spoon sauce over.
Serve immediately and pass grated Parmesan cheese.