Chicken Kabob Packets with Pineapple
Great for grilling. Can also put ingredients in a frying pan and cook.
- 1/3 C. pineapple preserves
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 C. pineapple chunks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat gas grill. In small bowl, stir together pineapple preserves, brown sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper.
2. Cut 4 24"X 12" sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Divide chicken, bell peppers, pineapple chunks and pineapple preserves mixture among foil sheets. Sprinkle with salt. Bring up two sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2" fold; fold again. allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
3. Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill' cook six minutes. Using tongs, carefully turn packets over, taking care on to puncture foil. Cook 10 to 12 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.