Leek and Potato Soup
From the Cafe Boulud Cookbook
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock
- 3 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 medium Leeks, light green and white parts cut in half and sliced very thinly
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 oz Sorrel or Lettuce (Add Lemon Juice if using Lettuce)
1) Melt butter in a stock pot / soup pan over medium-low heat and add the leeks. Cook the leeks for about 8 to 10 minutes and then pour in the chicken stock.
2) Bring this to a boil over medium-high heat and then lower to medium and add the potatoes and some salt and pepper to taste. Cook at a slow simmer for 8 to 10 more minutes and while doing this you can make the Lettuce Cream.
3) Whip heavy cream in a bowl until it has stiff peaks. Next put 3 oz of sorrel or lettuce in a blender and puree it. You can add a little bit of cream if you need to. If you used Lettuce then add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end.
4) Gently mix some of the pureed mixture into the whipped cream.
5) To serve you can ladle the soup into a bowl and then put a spoonful of the cream mixture on top.
You'll also love
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup (Julia Child's)... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Backyard Clambake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mustard-Roasted Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)