Tabbouleh With Avocado And Feta Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup bulgur see * Note
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 4 radishes chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled, and sliced
* Note: Also called cracked wheat; available at natural foods stores and supermarkets.
Combine 1 1/2 cups hot water and bulgur in large bowl. Cover tightly and let stand until bulgur is tender, about 45 minutes. Strain bulgur. Place bulgur in clean dry towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. Return bulgur to bowl.
Add tomatoes, parsley, onions, cucumber, radishes, cheese, mint and lemon peel to bulgur. Stir to combine. Whisk oil and lemon juice in medium bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Add all but 2 tablespoons dressing to bulgur mixture. Toss to combine. Season tabbouleh to taste with salt and pepper.
Add avocado slices to remaining dressing; toss to coat. Mound tabbouleh on platter. Garnish with avocado slices.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.