Szechuan Shrimp With Peppers
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1"
- diamond-shaped pieces
- 6 green onions cut into 1/2" pieces
- Cooked rice
Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl; toss to coat. Cover; let stand 30 minutes.
Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Combine soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and sugar in another small bowl.
Heat oil in wok or heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and stir-fry until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add onions; stir-fry until shrimp are pink, 30 seconds. Mix in soy sauce mixture. Add cornstarch mixture. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer to bowl; serve with rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.