Jamie Oliver's Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (what I did) or 2 thyme sprigs (what Jamie does)
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, preferably free-range or
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 ounces grated Parmesan
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- Olive oil
Carefully score the underside of the chicken breasts in a criss-cross fashion with a small knife.
Season with a little pepper (you don't need salt as the prosciutto is quite salty). Lay your breasts next to each other and sprinkle over the basil. Grate a little lemon zest over them, then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Lay 3 prosciutto slices on each chicken breast, overlapping them slightly.
Drizzle with a little olive oil. Put a square of plastic wrap over each breast and give them a few really good bashes with the bottom of a saucepan until they're about 1/2 inch thick.
Put a frying pan over medium heat. Remove plastic wrap and carefully transfer the chicken breast, prosciutto side down, into the pan. Drizzle over some olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, turning halfway through, giving the ham side an extra 30 seconds to crisp up.
Either serve the chicken breasts whole or cut them into thick slices and pile them on a plate. Serve with some lemon wedges for squeezing over, and a good drizzle of olive oil.
You'll also love
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball (Aimee's... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Sauce for Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuscan Pasta with Lemon Sauce,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Salad with Green Beans,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Divan - Magic Pan 3.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Boursin Stuffed... 3/5 (6 Votes)