Strawberries Romanoff For The '90S
- 1 package frozen raspberries in syrup - (10 oz) thawed
- 2 baskets strawberries - (12 oz ea) hulled, quartered
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
Puree raspberries in syrup and 1 cup strawberries in processor. Strain into medium bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much juice as possible. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar, Grand Marnier, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla into syrup.
Stir 1/2 cup syrup mixture into ice cream; freeze 1 hour to 4 hours. Mix remaining strawberries into remaining syrup; chill 1 hour to 4 hours. Let ice cream soften slightly before serving.
Beat whipping cream, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Divide strawberry mixture among 6 glasses. Top each with scoop of ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream.
This recipe yields 6 servings.