Spareribs With Tangerine-Black Bean Glaze
- 3 1/2 pounds baby back pork rib racks
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup tangerine-orange juice
- 3 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce see * Note
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce see * Note
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
* Note: Available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets.
Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 400 degrees. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Wrap each rib rack tightly in heavy-duty foil; set on rimmed baking sheet. Bake ribs 45 minutes. Cool slightly. Unwrap; drain juices. Cut racks into 3-rib sections.
Mix ketchup and next 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
Line same baking sheet with foil. Dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs, meaty-side up, on sheet. Roast 15 minutes. Dip into sauce again. Roast until meat is very tender and ribs are glazed, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds over ribs; roast 10 minutes longer. Cut into individual ribs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.