Southwest-Style Salisbury Steaks
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck beef
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can chopped mild green chilies - (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Lime-pickled Red Onions (see recipe)
- Purchased salsas
Using hands, gently mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl just until blended. Form into four 3/4-inch-thick oval patties. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill patties until cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer patties to plates. Top with avocado slices and Lime-pickled Red Onions. Serve, passing salsas alongside.
This recipe yields 4 servings.