Shrimp and Water Chestnut Nibbles
Smoky bacon infuses the shrimp with a delectable flavour; crispy water-chestnut slices add a crunchy punch.
- One 10 oz (184 mL) can water chestnuts
- 1 lb (500 g) large raw fresh shrimp
- 1 lb (500 g) sliced bacon
1. Slice 15 water chestnuts in half. Peel shrimp and discard shells. Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Holding a water chestnut half and a raw shrimp together, wrap with bacon, then spear onto a toothpick. Cover and refrigerate for up to one day, if desired.
2. Broil on a broiling rack, 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink and cooked through. Serve immediately.