Hawaiian Pork Roast with Pineapple
Originally a Taste of Home recipe. Had it the first time at a friend's house. Luscious! Great with rice or potatoes. And it reheats well the next day.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cut pork roast in half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar, celery, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Bread... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- VIDALIA ONION PIE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Turmeric And Coconut Milk Bedtime... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Crock Pot Roast Pork Butt 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin, Arugula,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cuban Chicken and Pineapple Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pineapple sauce/glaze for hamloaf... 5/5 (2 Votes)