Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 large garlic head
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into 5 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garlic on large square of foil. Drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic to enclose. Bake garlic until soft, about 40 minutes. Cool garlic. Separate cloves. Press garlic cloves between fingertips to release from skins.
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; return potatoes to same pot. Add garlic and mash together.
Bring half-and-half to simmer in small saucepan. Add half-and-half and butter to potatoes; stir to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.5/5 (386 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Pasta 4.4/5 (306 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)