Lentils With Couscous
- 2/3 cup Puy lentils
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock or water
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch dill, fronds only, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A dash of walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from wsj.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lentils to pot. Once liquid returns to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until lentils are tender but still retain a bit of bite, 18-20 minutes. Drain.
In a small pot over high heat, bring stock to a boil. Add couscous to a medium bowl and pour in enough stock to cover grains. Cover bowl and set aside until stock has been fully absorbed, 10 minutes.
Lightly toast pine nuts in a shallow pan until golden brown. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
In a bowl, toss apricots, raisins, dill and chopped pine nuts.
Add lemon juice, oils and salt and pepper to taste to a small bowl. Whisk until emulsified.
Toss cooked, drained lentils with dressing, then stir in couscous. With a fork, lightly toss in dried fruit and dill. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Pomegranate BBQ Chicken Sandwich... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pancetta and fennel Potato salad... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Meatball Cheese Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crockpot Gingered Chickpea and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad from L&L Hawaiian... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cucumber and Cannellini Bean Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cod Livornese with Couscous 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Lentil-Walnut Loaf 4.2/5 (5 Votes)