Beef: Beef-and-Mashed-Potato-Stuffed Peppers with Garlicky Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes, boiled and mashed (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 large red and green bell peppers, caps removed and reserved, seeds and white membranes discarded
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 2 garlic cloves (minced) and cook until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned; season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the mashed potatoes with 1 cup Parmesan and the parsley.
3. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 garlic clove (minced), and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Stand the bell peppers upright in a baking dish. Stuff each pepper with one quarter of the potato mixture, then one quarter of the meat mixture. Top the stuffed peppers with the garlicky bread crumbs and the bell pepper caps. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast the stuffed peppers until tender, about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pork with Apples, Bacon, and... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lamb Steaks with rosemary,... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Mushroom Beef Stew 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Yummy Potatoes 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef and Bacon Stroganoff 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Steak with Garlic Parmesan Cream... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Foil-Pack Garlic-Parmesan Grilled... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)