Rib-Eye Steaks With Bell Peppers And Gorgonzola Butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (packed) abt 1 1/2 oz
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick) room temperature
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 4 beef rib-eye steaks, 1 1/4" thick
- 2 large green bell peppers cut 1 1/2"-wide
- 2 large red bell peppers cut 1 1/2"-wide
- 2 large yellow bell peppers cut 1 1/2"-wide
Beat cheese, butter and 1 tablespoon marjoram in small bowl to blend. Season Gorgonzola butter with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
Combine oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons marjoram in large glass baking dish. Add steaks and all peppers; sprinkle with black pepper. Turn to coat. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature or chill up to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place steaks and peppers on grill; sprinkle with salt. Grill steaks about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, and peppers until tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Transfer steaks to platter; surround with peppers. Top each steak with 1/4 of Gorgonzola butter. Let stand just until butter softens, about 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.