Red Flannel Hash With Dilled Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 9 ounces thickly-sliced corned beef coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped drained canned beets
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg beaten to blend
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Mix sour cream and dill in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve. (Dilled sour cream can be made 2 days ahead.)
Steam potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; chill until cold, about 15 minutes. Mix in corned beef, beets and onion. Working in batches and using on/off turns, coarsely chop mixture in processor. Return mixture to same bowl. Add egg; toss to mix. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corned beef mixture; cook until bottom is brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Continue cooking until brown and crisp on both sides, flattening with spatula and turning mixture over in sections, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to plates. Serve with dilled sour cream.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.