Spaghetti with Zucchini and Pistachio Pesto
- 1 1/2 c. basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1/2 c. mint, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. shelled, toasted pistachios, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. + 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 zucchini, very thinly sliced (2 c.)
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
In food processor, pulse together basil, mint, pistachios, lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. With motor running, add in ¼ cup olive oil until it reaches creamy consistency.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan. Saute zucchini for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
Add spaghetti to boiling water and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
Return spaghetti to pot and toss with pesto, zucchini, and ½ cup of cooking water. Add an additional ¼ cup if you would like creamier pasta.
Serve spaghetti in bowls with additional torn mint and basil, chopped pistachios, and grated Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)