Cottage Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 T and 1 t. vegetable oil
- 2-3/4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-boiled and shredded
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 7-ounces chopped green chile peppers
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2-2/3 cups cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 t. salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 16 (6 inch)corn tortillas
- 2-2/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10-ounces red enchilada sauce
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion and green chile peppers and saute until browned, then add taco seasoning and prepare meat mixture according to package directions.
2.In a medium bowl, mix sour cream with cottage cheese and season with salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. Heat tortillas until soft, In each tortilla place a spoonful of meat mixture, a spoonful of cheese mixture and a bit of shredded cheese. Roll tortillas and a place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with any remaining meat and cheese mixture, enchilada sauce and remaining shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.