- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until al dente.
Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water, and set pasta aside.
Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute shallots until tender. 2-3 minutes.
Add garlic and season with salt and pepper, stirring frequently so garlic doesn’t burn.
Add sliced mushrooms and peas and cook until excess moisture evaporates and mushrooms are softened. About 10 minutes.
Evenly distribute flour over the vegetables and stir to make sure everything is evenly coated. Then pour in vegetable broth and 1/2 cup cooking water and bring to a boil.
Cook until mixture reduces and thickens, then remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Note: if sauce is too thick, use remaining pasta water to loosen it up.
Garnish with more cheese, serve immediately and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Glazed Cinnamon Apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Pasta Salad with Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Asian Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine with ham & Cheese sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MUSHROOM FETTUCCINE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GREEN FETTUCINE WITH PROSCIUTTO... 0/5 (0 Votes)