One-Skillet BLT Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from readyseteat.com
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, pasta and garlic salt; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
Meanwhile, heat bacon in microwave according to package directions. Chop bacon; set aside.
Place spinach on top of pasta mixture. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until spinach wilts and pasta is tender. Add bacon; stir to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.