CRISPY ROASTED ROSEMARY SWEET POTATOES
Not the traditional sweet potato recipe with tons of brown sugar and butter. The rosemary and shallots really add a nice flavor.
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, or 1/2 tsp. fresh
- 3 lbs. (3-4 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thinly
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Adapted from thecomfortofcooking.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine melted butter, oil and crushed rosemary in a small bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons of butter-oil mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Arrange potato slices vertically in the dish. Add a sliver of shallot between every few slices of potato. Brush top with remaining butter-oil mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cover dish with foil and roast for 1 hour, covered, until potatoes are tender (If your potato slices are thicker than shown, you may need to increase cooking time). Increase oven heat to 450 degrees F. Remove foil and roast another 10-15 minutes, until tops of potatoes are browned and crisp.