Crispy and garlicky, these Garlic-Herb Breadsticks are the perfect snack or appetizer to serve so your guests can munch and mingle with ease. This recipes pairs perfectly with any appetizer spread, good wine, good friends, and a general good time.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- chopped fresh rosemary, thyme, and/or oregano for sprinkling
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Put 3/4 cup warm water in a food processor. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
Add the sugar and 1 teaspoon salt and pulse until dissolved. Add the flour, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon butter, then pulse until the dough forms a ball, about 1 minute. Continue to process with the motor running until smooth, about 2 more minutes.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; brush with olive oil. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Divide into 12 pieces, then roll each piece into a 12 to 16-inch rope. Arrange the ropes 1 1/2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets, rolling them to coat with the oil. Cover each baking sheet with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place until the breadsticks double in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and the garlic in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Brush the breadsticks with the garlic butter; sprinkle with herbs and salt. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Pork Loin 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Apricot Bars With Shortbread Crust 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Fennel & Prosciutto... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Northwest Roasted Halibut 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Fresh Pea Hummus Crostini With Pea... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)