- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13- by 9- 2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick spray. Line with waxed paper, extending over 2 sides of pan. Spray paper. Stir chocolate and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted. Cool to lukewarm.
Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add chocolate mixture; beat just until blended. Add flour and next 3 ingredients; beat just until blended. Stir in sour cream and nuts.
Transfer batter to pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Transfer pan to rack; cool completely. Cut into squares. Top with powdered sugar.
This recipe yields about 24 brownies.