Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 20 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or EVOO
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup plus 2 T water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash and brussels sprouts with 2 T oil; season with salt and paprika. Roast vegetables, tossing halfway through, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring 3/4 cup water, the quinoa, and a pinch of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender but still chewy, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; fluff with a fork.
Pulse garlic, tahini, vinegar, remaining 2 T oil, remaining 2 T water, the chives, parsley and cilantro in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. (Vegetables and sauce can be refrigerated, in a separate airtight containers, up to 3 days).
In a bowl, toss roasted vegetables with quinoa and 2 T sauce. Toss each serving with spinach and season with salt and pepper.