Smoked Salmon Quiche Recipe
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing Yield: 8 Servings
8 points plus
1 piece equals 235 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 ounces smoked salmon fillet, flaked (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
In a small bowl, combine cheese and flour. Transfer to pastry.
In a large skillet, saute tomatoes and onion in oil just until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in salmon. Spoon over cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Pour into pastry. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.