Frog Eye Salad
- 8 ounces Acini De Pepe Pasta
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 22 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 20 ounces fruit cocktail, drained
- 8 ounces cool whip
Adapted from frostedbakeshop.blogspot.com
1) Drain all fruit juice over night. Drain pineapple juice separate.
2) Cook Acini De Pepe pasta according to package directions. When done, let cool.
3) In a saucepan over medium high heat stir together pineapple juice, sugar, flour, salt and egg. Cook and stir constantly until mixture thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let cool.
4) In a large bowl combine the pasta and thickened mixture. Then gently fold in all fruit and cool whip. Refrigerate until serving.
This can be doubled.