Chile Relleno Puff
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 5 5 5 eggs
- 3 3 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 1/8 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 2 2 cups cottage cheese
- 7-ounce 7-ounce can One 7-ounce can diced, mild green chilies
- 1 1 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Adapted from images.search.yahoo.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a deep dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
Beat eggs for 3 minutes until lemon colored. Stir in flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne, mustard powder, cottage cheese, chilies, and Jack cheese until well mixed. Pour into prepared pie plate and sprinkle sharp cheddar over the top. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until puffy, knife comes out clean and center is firm. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top, if desired, with avocados, salsa, sour cream, sliced olives, green onions.