apple walnut salad with cranberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- 2 Red Delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the walnuts out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted.
In a food processor, combine the cranberries, vinegar, onion, sugar, and mustard. Puree until smooth; gradually add oil, and season with salt and pepper.
In a salad bowl, toss together the greens, apples, and enough of the cranberry mixture to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts, and serve.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Almond Champagne Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Lemon Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)