Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- 1-2 lbs cube steak, cut into one-inch pieces; or 1-2 lbs stew beef, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup (no substitutes)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tb worcestershire sauce
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
In the crockpot, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream about half an hour before serving, stirring every ten minutes or so to break up cream cheese.
Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice. (After the egg noodles have cooked, I like to add them directly into the crockpot for about half and hour for the flavors to mingle and thicken up a bit).
If the sauce is not thick enough for you, add some cornstarch and water.
Makes 6 generous servings.