Banana Nut Pound Cake
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually add sugar, beating about 7 mins or until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 min after each; scrape bowl frequently. In a bowl, combine bananas, milk, and vanilla. Add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly in pan.
3. Bake for 80 mins. Cool cake in pan for 10 mins.